The Ruger Redhawk revolver is a double-action firearm which is specifically designed for heavy Magnum cartridges and embodies many advanced features. The crane and cylinder assembly of the Redhawk revolver locks directly into the frame, both at the rear of the cylinder and at the front of the crane. The ejector rod serves as an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder. The hammer and trigger are powered by opposite ends of the same coil spring which is in the frame behind the trigger. The components which link the trigger and hammer to this spring transmit spring energy with minimum friction loss. All of this mechanism is readily removable without tools and dismantles, along with the cylinder/crane group, into a small number of subassemblies for inspection and cleaning. The internal parts are installed either through the top or bottom of the grip-frame; therefore, no side plate is needed. The resulting double solid frame contributes greatly to the extraordinary strength and reliability of these revolvers.
The Ruger Redhawk revolver has a transfer bar which is connected directly to the trigger. The transfer bar – which is raised into firing position as the trigger is pulled to the rear – transmits the energy of the hammer blow to the firing pin. The transfer-bar safety system provides that the hammer blow can be transmitted to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled all the way to the rear. This is a positive internal safety feature. The Redhawk revolver can be carried with all chambers loaded. When the hammer and trigger are fully forward, the transfer-bar is lowered out of its firing position and the hammer rests directly on the frame.
- Cold hammer-forged sleeve and shroud barrel provides outstanding accuracy
- Unique, single-spring mechanism allows for a smooth, light trigger pull
- Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot
- Easy sighting with readily replaceable colored front blade sight insert and adjustable rear sight with white outline
- Rugged stainless steel construction with no side plates is designed specifically to handle powerful magnum loads through extra metal in the top strap, sidewalls and barrel mounting areas
- Transfer bar mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge
- .44 Magnum models are dual chambered to also accept factory .44 Special cartridges
There are no reviews yet.