Lyman’s Plains Pistol recreates the trapper’s percussion pistol of the mid-1800’s while incorporating the best of modern steels and technology. The richly stained walnut stock complements blackened iron furniture, polished brass trigger guard and ramrod tips. The hooked patent breech takes down quickly and easily for cleaning. The thimble is recessed into the rib and a detachable belt hook provides an alternative to a holster. A spring-loaded trigger and 9-3/4″ barrel with a fast 1 in 30″ twist make it amazingly accurate.
- For use with black powders and black powder substitutes.
- Ignites using a number 11 percussion cap
- Use a .490 round ball with a .015 patch
- European Walnut
- Octagon Blued Chrome Moly barrel
- Blend of classic style with modern technology